Starks, La., is a small rural community in northwestern Calcasieu Parish. It is located about six miles from the Texas border.
The community was named for the late William H. “Bill” Stark of Orange, Texas. He was a partner in the Lutcher & Moore Lumber Company, which owned thousands of acres of timberland in Southwest Louisiana and East Texas.
The post office was established at Starks on May 13, 1898.