Ward Six Firefighters were called at 3:35 a.m., Tuesday, Mar. 5, to respond to a fire alarm at 1249 Penton Road in DeQuincy.
Prior to the fire dept’s arrival on scene, 911 advised that the alarm company had called back and said that an occupant had confirmed there was a fire in the home.
Upon arrival, flames were showing from the structure. Firefighters from Ward Six, DeQuincy, Houston River and Beauregard Fire District 2 extinguished the fire, which appears to have started due to a heat lamp being used in close proximity of combustibles.
The occupants escaped the home with no injuries. The pets being kept warm by the heat lamp also escaped uninjured.
Red Cross has been contacted to respond to provide assistance to the occupants.
Acadian Ambulance provided rehab services to firefighters on scene.
All firefighters did an outstanding job, working in below freezing temperatures for more than four hours. There were no injuries to any firefighters on scene.