NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
DEQUINCY CITY COUNCIL
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
MONDAY APRIL 8, 2019
at 6:00 P.M.
300 N. HOLLY ST.,
CALL TO ORDER
1 Approval of March 11, 2019 regular meeting minutes.
2 Finance, Fire, Police, Public Works, and City Reports.
3 Approval of April 8, 2019 agenda.
4. Public Input.
5. Aaron Cooper, CPA, to present audit for FYE 9/30/2018.
6. Council to review, for possible approval, the application for beer/liquor license submitted by the new owner of Tiger Speedy Stop.
7. Council to authorize Mayor Smith to sign the Cooperative Endeavor Agreement between the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury and City of DeQuincy concerning the Summer Food Service Program.
8. Council to discuss the possible sale of city property at 114 S. Pine Street.
9. Adopt a resolution in opposition of all proposed legislation that transfers the administration and collection of local sales & use taxes to the Louisiana Department of Revenue.
10. Introduce an ordinance changing the sewer rates for customers connected to the city sewer system and set a public hearing for May 13, 2019.
11. Adopt a Resolution making application to the State Bond Commission for approval of the issuance of not exceeding One Million Two Hundred Thousand Dollars ($1,200,000) of Sales Tax Bonds, Series 2019 for the City of DeQuincy.
12. Introduce an ordinance authorizing the issuance of One Million Two Hundred Thousand Dollars ($1,200,000) of Sales Tax Bonds, Series 2019, of the City of DeQuincy and set a public hearing for May 13, 2019.
13. Proceed to condemnation hearing on house located at 603 W. Velmer.
14. Discussion and possible action on whether or not to proceed to the condemnation hearing on the house at 309 N. Perkins.
15. Council to consider an amendment to our Employee Handbook regarding purchase order numbers over $150.00 being approved by the Mayor.
16 Discussion and possible council action on junk vehicle ordinance, travel trailers and portable buildings.
17. Council Concerns.
City Council Clerk
300 N. Holly Street
DeQuincy, Louisiana 70633
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance, please contact Pat Brummett, City Clerk, (337) 786-8241, describing the assistance that is necessary.
Notice of public meeting posted on April 2, 2019 at the DeQuincy City Hall.
Notice published in official journal April 3, 2019.
“Equal Opportunity Lender Provider and Employer”
Run: April 3. 2019 (A-2)