Calcasieu Parish Assessor, Wendy Curphy Aguillard, and Staff, will be at the following locations:
- Sulphur Senior Center -Wednesday, July 10, from 9 a.m.-12 noon
- Iowa Town Hall – Thursday, July 11, from 9 a.m.-12 noon
- Moss Bluff Senior Center – Tuesday, July 16, from 9 a.m.-12 noon
- DeQuincy City Hall – Thursday, July 18, from 9 a.m.-12 noon
- Westlake City Hall – Thursday, July 25, from 9 a.m.-12 noon
- Vinton Town Hall – Tuesday, July 30, from 9 a.m.-12 noon
to provide an opportunity for our local Seniors, Disabled Veterans, and Disabled citizens to sign for “Special Assessment Level Freezes” without having to fight the “Bridge Traffic” to come to our Lake Charles office. “Special Assessment Level Freezes” freeze the value of your property against any future adjustments due to reassessment.
You need only apply if you have not previously applied for a special assessment level freeze; if your household income is less than $75,594; you have recently reached the age of 65; become a disabled Veteran with a 50% or more service connected disability, or 100% disabled through the Social Security Administration.