By Mike Streams
The DeQuincy Tigers under the direction of Head Coach Charlie Smith have been working hard and anxiously awaiting the arrival of football season. The team and coaches have been going through workouts and practice while at the same time battling the heat.
The Tigers look to improve on last year’s record of the quarterfinals of the playoffs and overall record of 7 wins and 6 losses. They return several starters on both defense and offense.
The Tigers are ready to hit on someone besides their own team and will get to do that soon.
The season schedule is as follows:
- Friday, Sept. 6, 7 p.m., at Catholic of Pointe Coupee.
- Friday, Sept. 13, 7 p.m., at Lake Arthur.
- Friday, Sept. 20, 7 p.m., South Beauregard.
- Friday, Sept. 27, 7 p.m., Albany.
- Friday, Oct. 4, 7 p.m., at Leesville.
- Friday, Oct. 11, 7 p.m., at Oakdale.
- Friday, Oct. 18, 7 p.m., Pickering.
- Friday, Oct. 25, 7 p.m., at Kinder.
- Friday, Nov. 1, 7 p.m., Vinton.
- Friday, Nov. 8, 7 p.m., at Rosepine.