CITY OF DEQUINCY
ORDINANCE NO. 919
AN ORDINANCE TO AMEND SECTION C AS TO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE PERMITS FOR RESTAURANTS AND TO PROVIDE FOR RELATED MATTERS
WHEREAS, the City of DeQuincy desires to clarify the availability of alcoholic beverage permits for restaurants in accordance with the following provisions.
THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED by the City Council of the City of DeQuincy, in legal session convened, that Section 3-28 (C) of Article I of Chapter 3 of the Code of Ordinances of the City of DeQuincy is hereby amended and re-enacted to read as follows: (C) As an exception to 3-28 (a), the Mayor and City Council finds and declares that food service industry is a viable industry in the City of DeQuincy with significant economic impact and finds that a restaurant establishment’s purpose is to take orders for food and serve food items. Such service of food may include the serving of alcoholic beverages in conjunction with meals as long as the restaurant is 300 feet or more, measured from property line to property line, from any church or school and adheres to the following:
(1) The business owner meets all local and state permitting regulations and requirements of serving alcoholic beverages.
(2) Operates a place of business whose average monthly revenue from food and nonalcoholic beverages exceeds 80% of its total monthly revenue from the sale of food, nonalcoholic beverages, and alcoholic beverages.
(3) Serves alcohol only when serving food to a customer and serves food on all days of operation.
(4) Maintains separate sales figures for alcoholic beverages.
(5) Operates a fully equipped kitchen used for the preparation of uncooked food for service and consumption of such food on the premises.
Said Ordinance having been introduced on the 12th day of August, 2019, and Ordinance considered, on motion by Mark Peloquin, seconded by Judy Landry to adopt the Ordinance. A record vote was taken and the following result was had:
This Ordinance was declared duly adopted this 9th day of September, 2019.
Chairman of the Council
I hereby certify that the foregoing Ordinance has been presented to the Mayor on this 9th day of September, 2019, at 7:00 o’clock p. m.
Secretary of the
Council and City Clerk
I have reviewed the above and foregoing Ordinance on this 9th day of September, 2019, and do hereby Approve/Veto same.
I hereby certify that I have received from the Mayor at 7:00 o’clock p. m., on this 9th day of September, 2019, the foregoing Ordinance which has been Approved by the Mayor.
Secretary of the Council
and City Clerk
I certify that the above and foregoing constitutes a true and correct copy of an Ordinance duly adopted at a meeting of the City Council of the City of DeQuincy held on September 9, 2019, at which meeting a quorum was present and voted in favor of said Ordinance, and said Ordinance has never been modified or rescinded and is still in full force and effect.
Date: September 9, 2019
/s/Pat Brummett, Secretary
of the Council
and City Clerk
Run: Sept. 11, 2019 (S-3)
CITY OF DEQUINCY